Our monthly Friday interiors auctions (usually held on the last Friday of each month, except December) are traditional general auctions, and consist of an eclectic mix of Antiques, Collectables, Curios, Jewellery, Rural Bygones, Decorative Items, Household Effects, and so on – as well as an eclectic mix of buyers!
Held at the Arkenstall Centre in Haddenham, Cambridgeshire (see below for directions), these are an old-fashioned “bring and sell” auctions, we list whatever turns up (subject to legal constraints) and sell it – see below for full details!
Entries are sourced from local property clearances and from private sellers, and usually comprise around 400 lots per sale, including everything from Jewellery, Watches, Ceramics, antique and quality modern Furniture, Household goods, Pictures, Curios, Collectables, vintage Toys, etc.
- Entries from private sellers are always welcome – these can be delivered directly to us at the Arkenstall Centre in Haddenham on any Thursday (9.30am-12noon), when we will be delighted to offer an initial assessment of likely realisable price and no-obligation advice on selling.
- Items of large furniture and clearance lots are accepted by prior arrangement on the day before the auction. Alternatively we offer full collection service locally – from a single item up to complete property clearance (see our house clearance page for details).
- Small items for auction are accepted every Thursday morning from 9.30am to 12 noon at the Arkenstall Centre.
- An online catalogue is available from our website on the evening prior to the sale, for prospective bidders to view, with an online pre-sale bidding facility available for those who cannot attend the auction in person (we also offer bidders a full delivery/postage service on purchased lots where required).
- Viewing in person is from 9.30am on the morning of the sale, and the auction starts at 10.30am. A good number of buyers attend the auctions from a wide area, as far afield as London and the midlands, and a range of refreshments and light snacks are available on the auction day.
- All major Credit/Debit Cards (with the exception of American Express) are accepted on sale days, with an online payments facility available for items purchased via our online bidding system.
Entering Items for Sale
All entries are invited and accepted for these sales, provided that all items comply with the relevant statutory requirements (please note that there are some restrictions on soft furnishings and potentially dangerous items, and all electrical items are subject to pre-sale safety testing at a small charge of £3 per item). Commission is charged as a simple percentage of the sale price (currently charged at 15% subject to a minimum commission of £1 per lot on all lots whether sold or unsold).
If you are unsure of likely sale value, or whether a particular item is suitable for sale, ask us! Simply pop along any Thursday morning and we’ll be pleased to give no-obligation advice, alternatively contact us online or by phone.
Prior to the auction, all lots are listed, photographed and entered onto our computerised accounts system, with an online and printed lot list/catalogue available.
Vendor (seller) payments are made on auction day after the sale, with a full statement breakdown (VAT invoice) of prices realised and charges incurred.
If you would like further details of entering items into our auctions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.